One of our IEM units lost signal strength just before the band went on in Cape Town, but I was able to quickly determine that it wasn’t the cable or the antenna. This left the transmitter unit as the source of the problem, but we weren’t able to make the system work before the show. Instead, we quickly ran out a hardwire pack to one of the techs and worked around it. The [Kaltman Creations] Invisible Waves RF analyzer had given us the measurement tools to determine what the problem was. In Mexico I had a problem with one of our antenna cables. After measuring the output, we found it low compared to our normal level. My first attempted solution was to re-seat the antenna cable but this led to no improvement. When we replaced the cable, we suddenly had full strength. Quantifiable, quick and a far cry from the “try and listen” method that was used previously, the Invisible Waves once more identified our problem. This was a massive and confidence-inspiring improvement!