FixIt: Martin Frey, FOH Engineer for One Republic

Read front of house engineer Martin Frey's Live Sound Tip on using RF Gear overseas for One Republic 2008 tour
Publish date:
Updated on

Taking your RF gear overseas? Create an addendum to your tech rider that shows a list of all of your specific user frequency ranges and include it when advancing each show. Most local audio vendors and/or production companies will be able to tell you which frequency ranges will and won't work in their region. Certain countries now require local RF licensing, which requires online application/registration and paying a “per-frequency” user fee in advance. Many large festival and regional promoters will even obtain the necessary licensing on your behalf.