The Technical Excellence & Creativity Awards is your chance to vote for the best products, facilities and production professionals of the past year. Beginning on page 101 are seven pages of nominees descriptions and biographies. Please take the time to read this information before voting, then vote in those categories in which you are most qualified. Your ballot must be postmarked no later than Thursday, August 31, 2000.
You are also invited to join 800 fellow members of the audio community at the TEC Awards ceremony at the Regal Biltmore in Los Angeles on September 23, 2000, on the second night of the AES Convention.
Proceeds from the 16th Annual TEC Awards will be distributed to the following organizations:* Sound Partners, co-founded by Mix magazine and the House Ear Institute of Los Angeles
* Hearing Education and Awareness for Rockers (H.E.A.R.), San Francisco
* Audio Engineering Society Educational Foundation
* Society of Professional Audio Recording Services financial aid program
* Scholarships for university-level programs in the recording arts and sciences
* TEC Awards Scholarship Fund