Nominees listed for the 44th Annual Grammy Awards were taken fromthe Grammy Website www.grammy.com. What follows are select excerpts. Acomplete list of the nominees can be found at the Grammy Website.
Record of the Year:
- "Video," India.Arie. Producers: India.Arie and Carlos "Six July"Broady. Engineer/mixers: Kevin Haywood and Mike Shipley.
- "Fallin'," Alicia Keys. Producer: Alicia Keys. Engineer/mixers:Kerry "Krucial" Brothers and Russ Elevado.
- "Ms. Jackson," Outkast. Producer: Earthtone III. Engineer/mixers:John Frye and Neal H. Pogue.
- "Drops of Jupiter," Train. Producer: Brendan O'Brien.Engineer/mixers: Nick DiDia, Brendan O'Brien and Ryan Williams.
- "Walk On," U2. Producers: Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois.Engineer/mixers: Steve Lillywhite and Richard Rainey.
Album of the Year:
- Acoustic Soul, India.Arie. Producers: India.Arie, Mark Batson, Carlos "Six July"Broady, Blue Miller and Bob Power. Engineer/mixers: Mark Batson, Carlos"Six July" Broady, Kevin Haywood, Avery Johnson, George Karas, JimLightman, Blue Miller, Mark Niemiec, Bob Power, Mike Shipley, AlvinSpeights, Mike Tocci and Dave Way.
- Love and Theft, Bob Dylan. Producer: Jack Frost. Engineer/mixer: Chris Shaw.
- Stankonia, Outkast. Producers: Earthone III, Organized Noize and Antonio "LA"Reid. Engineer/mixers: Jarvis Blackshear, Leslie Brathwaite, JoshButler, Ralph Cacciurri, John Frye, Mark "DJ Exit" Goodchild, Carl Mo,Kevin Parker, Neal H. Pogue, Richard H. Segal, Kenneth Stallworth, MattStill, Jason Stokes, Bernasky Wall and Derrick Williams.
- All That You Can't Leave Behind, U2. Producers: Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. Engineer/mixers: BrianEno, Steve Fitzmaurice, Julian Gallagher, Mike Hedges, Daniel Lanois,Steve Lillywhite, Tim Palmer, Richard Rainey and Richard Stannard.
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?, soundtrack. Producer: T Bone Burnett. Engineer/mixer: MikePiersante.
Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical:
- Ballads -- Remembering John Coltrane. Josiah Gluck, Karrin Allyson.
- Life on a String. Martin Brumbach, Laurie Anderson.
- The Look of Love. Al Schmitt, Diana Krall.
- New Favorite. Gary Paczosa, Alison Krauss and Union Station.
- Time*Sex*Love*. George Massenburg, Mary Chapin Carpenter.
Producer of the Year, Non-Classical:
- T Bone Burnett: Down From the Mountain (various artists),Fan Dance (Sam Phillips), O Brother, Where Art Thou?(various artists).
- Dr. Dre: "Best of Things" (Xzibit), "Break Ya Neck" (Busta Rhymes),"Family Affair" (Mary J. Blige), "Fast Lane" (Bilal), "Fight Music"(D12), "Lay Low" (Snoop Dogg, featuring Master P, Nate Dogg, ButchCassidy and Tha Eastsidaz), "Let Me Blow Ya Mind" (Eve, featuring GwenStefani).
- Gerald Eaton, Brian West: "I'm Like a Bird" (Nelly Furtado), "Turnoff the Light" (Nelly Futado), "Whoa, Nelly!" (Nelly Furtado).
- Nigel Godrich: "Amnesiac" (Radiohead), "The Invisible Band"(Travis).
- Jimmy Jamm, Terry Lewis: "All For You" (Janet Jackson), "Didn't MeanTo Turn You On" (Mariah Carey), "My Funny Friend and Me" (Sting),"Never Too Far" (Mariah Carey), "No More Drama" (Mary J. Blige), "NoRegrets" (Case), "Someone To Call My Lover" (Janet Jackson), "Twister"(Mariah Carey), "U Remind Me" (Usher), "When a Woman Loves" (PattiLaBelle), "You're All I Need" (The Isley Brothers).