Nominees listed for the 45th Annual Grammy Awards were taken fromthe Grammy Website, www.grammy.com. What follows are select excerpts. Acomplete list of the nominees can be found at the Grammy Website.
Record of the Year
- "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton. Ron Fair, producer; TalHerzberg, Jack Joseph Puig and Michael C. Ross, engineer/mixers.
- "Without Me" by Eminem. Jeff Bass and Eminem, producers; Steve King,engineer/mixer.
- "Don’t Know Why" by Norah Jones. Norah Jones, Arif Mardin andJay Newland, producers; Mardin and Newland, engineer/mixers.
- "Dilemma" by Nelly, featuring Kelly Rowland. Bam and Ryan Bowser,producers; Brian Garten, engineer/mixer.
- "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback. Nickelback and Rick Parashar,producers; Joey Moi and Randy Staub, engineer/mixers.
Album of the Year
- Homeby the Dixie Chicks. Produced by the Dixie Chicks and Lloyd Maines;Gary Paczosa, engineer/mixer; Robert Hadley and Doug Sax,mastering.
- The Eminem Showby Eminem. Jeff Bass, Dr. Dre, Eminem and Denaun Porter, producers;Mauricio Iragorri and Steve King, engineer/mixers; Brian Gardner,mastering.
- Come Away with Meby Norah Jones. Norah Jones, Arif Mardin, Craig Street and JayNewland, producers; Mardin, Newland and Husky Huskolds,engineer/mixers; Ted Jensen, mastering.
- Nellyvilleby Nelly. Jason Epperson, Just Blaze, The Neptunes, The Trackboyz,Wally Yaghnam, producers; Steve Eigner, Brian Garten, Russ Giraud,Gimel Keaton, Greg Morgenstein, Matt Still and Rich Travali,engineer/mixers; Herb Powers, mastering.
- The Risingby Bruce Springsteen. Brendan O’Brien, producer. Nick Didiaand O’Brien, engineer/mixers; Bob Ludwig, mastering.
Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical
- Ask a Woman Who Knowsby Natalie Cole. Elliot Scheiner and Al Schmitt, engineers.
- C’mon, C’monby Sheryl Crow. Trina Shoemaker and Eric Tew, engineers.
- Come Away With Meby Norah Jones. Arif Mardin, Jay Newland and Husky Huskolds,engineers.
- Homeby the Dixie Chicks. Gary Paczosa, engineer. o Morning View byIncubus. Mike Einzinger, Dave Holdredge, Scott Litt and Rick Will,engineers.
Producer of the Year, Non-Classical
- Dr. Dre, for songs by Eminem. Busta Rhymes, Truth Hurts, Warren G.and Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog.
- Nellee Hooper, for songs by Lamya and No Doubt.
- Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, for songs by Bryan Adams, Yolanda Adams,Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey and Deborah Cox.
- Arif Mardin, for Norah Jones’ Come Away With Me
- Rick Rubin, for work with Johnny Cash and the Red Hot ChiliPeppers.
Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical
- "He Loves Me" by Jill Scott. Your Friends From San Francisco,remixers.
- "Hella Good" by No Doubt. Roger Sanchez, remixer.
- "Lost Love" by Rinocerose. Felix Da Housecat, remixer.
- "What About Us" by Brandy. Steve "Silk" Hurley, remixer.
- "Work It Out" by Beyonce Knowles. Maurice Joshua, remixer.
Best Engineered Album, Classical
- Chadwick: Orchestral Works. John Newton, engineer.
- Orff: Carmina Burana. Jack Renner engineer.
- Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances; Vocalise. Keith O. Johnson, engineer.
- Shostakovich: Symphony No. 11. Tony Faulkner, engineer.
- Vaughn Williams: A Seas Symphony (No. 1). Michael Bishop, engineer.
Producer of the Year, Classical
- Andrew Cornall, for albums of music by Camilo, Mahler, Moussorgskyand Rossini.
- Manfred Eicher, for albums of music by Berio, Karaaindrou,Pärt, Silvestrov and others.
- James Mallinson, for albums of music by Elgar, Mozart, Reger andShostakovich.
- Robert Woods for A Celtic Spectacular, the Latin Angeles GuitarQuartet, Scary Music and The Sound of Glory.
- Robina Young for albums of music by Bach, Brahms, Handel andMedelsossohn.
Best Classical Album
- Beethoven: String Quartets by the Takacs Quartet. Andrew Keener, producer.
- Bel Canto: Bellini, Rossini, Donizetti et al. by the Orchestraof St. Luke’s. Erik Smith, producer.
- Mahler: Symphony No. 6 by the San Francisco Symphony. Andrea Neubronner, producer.
- Pärt: Orient and Occident by the Swedish Radio SymphonyOrchestra. Manfred Eicher, producer.
- Vaughan Williams: A Seas Symphony (No. 1) by the AtlantaSymphony Orchestra. Thomas C. Moore, producer.