Ableton, an innovative Berlin-based music software company,announced at MacWorld a free update of LIVE for Mac OSX. LIVE is a newaudio sequencer that is designed specifically for live performance.
“Due to its stability and low-latency audio streaming solutions forthe production and processing environment, OSX is ideal for real-time,performance-oriented applications such as LIVE,” commented GerhardBehles, founder and CEO of Ableton. “We are excited to pioneer thisinnovative development with Apple.”
- Sound files are time-stretched and compressed in real time, whilebeing read from the hard disk. Even long recordings with unstabletempos play in perfect sync with the current session tempo or anexternal clock soure.
- User can record, loop, effect, resample and launch sounds withoutstopping the music.
- Ability to jam live, log the action and edit afterward
- Play arbitrary samples in sync with song tempo
- Stretch and pitch audio while playing from disk
- Assemble chains of fully automatable Live effects and VSTplug-ins
- Control every function with hotkeys and MIDI