M-Audio (Arcadia, Calif.) announced the new Studiophile BX8reference monitors, the latest in the Studiophile Series.
The BX8s’ Acoustic Space control section allows users tooptimize the monitors’ performance—no matter whether theyneed to go on stands, on a bookshelf or in the corners. Users can alsoadjust the high-frequency response to compensate for reflectivesurfaces like glass. The Presence control provides an automaticmid-range boost for added flexibility. The BX8s even include variablelow-frequency roll-off to optimize response at crossover points whenadding a subwoofer like the Studiophile SP-8S.
The BX8 specs include:
- Two-way, near-field studio reference monitors
- Low-frequency driver: 8-inch polypropylene curved cone
- High-frequency driver: 1-inch natural silk dome
- LF amplifier power: 65 watts (EIA RS-490 dynamic power)
- HF amplifier power: 65 watts (EIA RS-490 dynamic power)
- Crossovers: fourth-order Linkwitz Riley for smooth frequencyresponse
- Crossover frequency: 1.25 kHz
- Low-frequency roll-off: sixth-order filter optimizes maximum driverexcursion
- Input connectors: XLR balanced, TRS balanced/unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink-noise input produces 90dBA output SPLat 1 meter with volume control at maximum
- Input Impedance: 20k ohms balanced, 10k ohms unbalanced
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, overtemperature, transient on/off, subsonic filter, external main fuse
- S/N ratio: > 100 dB below full output, A weighted
- Frequency response: 37-20k Hz
- Power indicator: Power on/off indicator on front panel
- Power Requirements: 115 volts/~60 Hz or 230 volts/~50 Hz(selectable); power via detachable 3-conductor line cord
- Dimensions: 14.97x9.85x11.82 inches (HxWxD)
- Weight: 20.32 pounds (without packing)
The Studiophile BX8s are shipping and retail for $599.95/pair MSRP.For more, visit www.m-audio.com/products/m-audio/studiophile.php.