On the Move: Ron Fair, keynote speaker at AES S.F.
- President, A&M Records, 2000-present
- Senior VP of A&R/staff producer. RCA Records, 1993-2000
- Senior VP of A&R, EMI Records, 1990-1993
- Head of international A&R/staff producer, Island Records, UK, 1988-1990
- Director of A&R West Coast, Chrysalis Records, 1983-1988
- Manager of West Coast A&R, RCA Records, 1981-1983
The most exciting recording session I was a part of was…the soundtrack to Rocky in 1976. Bill Conti was my mentor and my teacher. I was by his side as we recorded the entire score and entire soundtrack in three hours, including “Gonna Fly Now.”
The best thing about being a part of NARAS is…NARAS has become a hipper, cooler, more vibrant group of industry professionals from across a wide spectrum who care about the award, the integrity of the process, the TV show and recognizing achievement in our field.
The last great movie I saw was…Gilda with Rita Hayworth and Glenn Ford.
When I'm not at work you'll often find me…Trail running, swimming, hiking or sleeping.