Who: Alexander “Thorny” Yuill-Thornton II, Meyer Sound
Main responsibilities: assist in developing long-term directions for the use of digital technology in Meyer Sound products.
- 1986-present, Solstice Company owner
- 1980-1986, Meyer Sound mechanical designer
- 1973-1980, McCune Sound (San Francisco) audio and video systems operation, maintenance and development
- 1969-1973, University of California, Berkeley, Television Office technician
- 1965-1969, U.S. Coast Guard technician
- 1964-1965, McCune Sound bench tech, small event setup and operation
My favorite sound reinforcement experience was…I enjoy it most when I resolve a particularly difficult design or optimization by pushing the envelope in some way and expanding the possibilities.
The last great book I read was…Larry Niven's Ringworld's Children.
Currently in my CD changer:
Talking Timbuktu by Ry Cooder and Ali Farka Toure.
When I'm not in the office, you can find me…in my other office at Solstice Company.