Who: Mark Engebretson, QSC VP of R&D and chief systems architect
Main responsibilities: managing QSC's three core technologies (power amplifiers, loudspeakers and digital systems) and, as chief systems architect, leading the overall technical management and integration of the three technologies into system solutions.
- 1999-2005, director of systems development (acting VP of R&D) at JBL Pro
- 1987-1997, partner of Summit Laboratories
- 1983-1999, owner of Electroacoustic Technology
- 1979-1983, president of ATD Corp.
- 1976-1979, VP of R&D at Paramount Pictures Corp.
- 1970-1976, VP of product development at Altec Lansing Corp.
What I wish I said upon receiving the Scientific and Engineering Award at the 74th Academy Awards: “Could someone please get this Charlize Theron woman from around my neck?”
The last great concert I saw was…The Chieftains.
Currently in my CD changer: Ottmar Liebert.
When I'm not in the office, you can find me…shredding sand in my sand buggy at Glamis or Dumont Dunes in the California desert.