Sound for Film
From Production to Playback
September 6, 2014
Sony Pictures Studios, Culver City, CA
Sony’s Anthony Quinn Theatre
Immersive sound—Taking Hollywood by storm and rapidly spreading around the world, Dolby’s Atmos and Auro Technologies’ Auro-3D advanced surround sound formats are impressing audiences with fully enveloping, more natural sound environments for cinema and home theaters. And audiences love it! Speakers in the ceilings, all around the room. Music and effects like you’ve never heard them!
Not since the advent of 5.1 discrete surround in the early 1990s has there been a more exciting technological breakthrough in film sound production and playback. And it’s just getting started. Join Mix in the only event of its kind, as we break down the technology and art of Immersive Sound.
This special one-day event includes:
• Keynote Address in the world-renowned Cary Grant Theatre
• Full Day of Panels: The Editing, Mixing, Technology and Business of Immersive Sound
• Film Studio Showcase: 10-minute reels, played back in the Atmos/Auro-3D equipped William Holden Theatre, with introductions by the creative teams
• Sponsor Workshops—hosted onsite in Sony’s world-class film sound facilities
• Exhibition Space—the world’s leading technology suppliers
• Networking opportunities
• The day will be capped by an exclusive screening of a new Sony Pictures feature film in the Holden Theatre
Don’t miss out on the only event of its kind in film sound!
Contact: Charlie Weiss • 212.378.0478 • email@example.com