Sound developer Spectrasonics introduced its Groove Control VirtualInstrument -- Stylus Vinyl Groove Module.
Stylus is a new type of software plug-in instrument that integratesa massive core library of thousands of groove elements, loops andsamples with a powerful user interface to create original grooves.Stylus can be used as a native plug-in instrument in hosts like Logic,Digital Performer, Cubase VST, Nuendo and Pro Tools; no sampler isnecessary.
Stylus features include:
- A massive core library of nearly 3 gigabytes
- All-new remix groove library created by acclaimed producer EricPersing
- Over 1,000 turntable tricks, skips, stops, beat-juggling and scratchFX
- Over 100 live percussion loops can be added to any groove
- Elastic tempo, pitch, pattern and feel with Groove Control
- Real-time groove jamming at any tempo with Groove menus
- Built-in Groove auditioning system and near-instantaneous loadtimes
- A drum sample library featuring thousands of samples
- Easy to use, built-in patch-management system
- Sample-accurate timing
- Fully programmable
- Total recall with sequence
- Multimode resonant filters for each sample, plus master filters
- Three envelopes for pitch, filter and amplitude
- Matrix-style modulation routing, two LFOs
- Independent parameter control of each sample
- Powered by custom 32-bit UVI engine
- Cross platform and plug-in compatibility
Price: $299 MAS, RTAS and VST.
System recommendations: 192MB RAM, 3GB free hard disk space. MAC: OS8 or higher, 300MHz G3 or better CPU, and MAS, RTAS or VST 2.0 host.PC: Windows 98, 300MHz Pentium or better CPU, sound card and VST 2.0host.
For more information, visit Spectrasonics at www.spectrasonics.net.