TerraSonde (Boulder, Colo.) has announced its new PrecisionMicrophone System and Precision Microphone System LN (Low-Noise), whichwill hit the market on June 21. These new additions to the TerraSondeproduct line offer a higher degree of precision to Audio Toolbox users.The new systems bring the Audio Toolbox to ANSI Type-1 standards,allowing for more precise measurement capabilities.
The Precision Microphone System and Precision Microphone System LNeach provide a 1-inch TerraSonde Precision Microphone and abattery-powered TerraSonde preamplifier that are designed to interfacedirectly with the Audio Toolbox and Audio Toolbox Plus via any standardXLR cable. The systems function without change using up to 250 feet ofcable for added flexibility. The microphone and preamplifier areconnected with an included 6-foot cable.
- Self-noise at 20 dBA (14 dBA LN)
- Frequency response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/-0.7 dB
- Long-term stability: >250 years/dB
- Influence of humidity: <+/-0.1dB (non-condensing) at 55 degreesC, 95%
- Response characteristic: free field, 0 degrees
- Temperature coefficient: -10 degrees C to +50 degrees C: 0.01dB/degrees C
- Preamplifier gain: switch selectable, 20 dB, 30 dB, 40 dB
- Fully balanced output
- Power: two standard 9-volt alkaline batteries
- Mic/preamp connection: 6-inch cable included
- Toolbox interface: up to 250 inches with standard XLR cable
The Precision Microphone System has a MSRP of $1,150; the PrecisionMicrophone System LN lists at $2,100. For an additional $535,TerraSonde will calibrate and certify all components to Type-1standards.
Visit www.TerraSonde.com, or call 888/433-2821 for moreinformation or to place an order.