DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 23
Mix is now accepting submissions for its “Class of 2009” annual photo spread showing some of the year’s well-designed audio facilities. Qualified facilities are ones that were either newly opened or substantially redesigned after March 2008. Please bear in mind that projects involving only new equipment installation or rewiring do not qualify for this particular feature, and that in the selection process the quality of the image is of great importance.
Please include at least one photo of the empty room (no people). We’re looking for high-quality images that include the console and monitors and/or tracking room shots of good-looking studios. Photo files should be of substantial size and resolution (300 dpi or greater).
Also needed are caption information, as follows:
- Name and contact info of the architect/acoustical designer
- Name and contact info of studio owner or manager
- Name of photographer
- List of major audio equipment (console, workstation, monitors, etc.)
- Type of projects to be done in the studio
- Date the studio opened or reopened
- Brief description of design/acoustical features of the room
Please note that all materials must be received by Monday March 23.
Submissions should be sent associate editor Barbara Schultz via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed on disc to Mix‘s office: Barbara Schultz, Mix magazine, 6400 Hollis Street, Suite 12, Emeryville, CA 94608.