Combining the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers, EdgeMax™ represents an entirely new product category
Framingham, MA – Bose Professional announces the introduction of its EdgeMax™ in-ceiling premium loudspeakers. EdgeMax loudspeakers feature proprietary Bose PhaseGuide® technology, which provides room-filling coverage while improving overall sound quality compared to the performance of conventional ceiling loudspeakers. Designed for mounting near wall boundaries, EdgeMax loudspeakers project high-frequency sound throughout rooms up to 65 feet (20 m) wide using only perimeter mounting locations, and can effectively cover an area that would require up to four conventional conical-coverage models. Thus, EdgeMax loudspeakers can eliminate the need for conventional ceiling speakers mounted in the center of rooms, or surface-mount loudspeakers mounted on walls. And because of their unique design and consistent coverage pattern, EdgeMax loudspeakers enable installers to move efficiently through the installation, creating a great-looking and great-sounding end result. Additionally, EdgeMax loudspeakers produce excellent intelligibility for speech and full-frequency response for music, making it ideal for retail, commercial, industrial, institutional and residential applications.
“The new EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers really create a new category of loudspeakers,” states Alan B. Shirley, Product Line Manager, Installed Loudspeakers for Bose Professional. “Combining the superior coverage patterns typical of larger surface-mount loudspeakers with the visually appealing aesthetics of in-ceiling loudspeakers – which are preferred by most architects, interior designers and system integrators – EdgeMax loudspeakers can provide superior audio quality and coverage while reducing the number of in-ceiling loudspeakers required, compared to conventional models.”
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers are available with two different horizontal coverage patterns. EdgeMax EM90 models provide nominal 90-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near room corners. EdgeMax EM180 models provide nominal 180-degree horizontal coverage and are intended for in-ceiling mounting near wall boundaries centered along target coverage zones. Both models feature 75-degree asymmetrical vertical coverage, which is optimized for ceiling heights between eight feet and 20 feet.
Key features of EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers:
- PhaseGuide technology, which provides unique asymmetrical vertical coverage pattern designed for room-filling sound when mounted in-ceiling near wall boundaries
- 1.3-inch diaphragm compression driver for best-in-class audio quality with superior frequency response and coverage consistency versus typical dome tweeters
- Eight-inch woofer with wall-boundary loading, which provides extended bass impact
- Two-way passive crossover with 8-ohm or 70V/100V transformer taps
- New mounting-clamp system for fast, easy installs
- Magnetically attached grill for quick access to wiring and tap settings
- UL1480 listing for air-handling (plenum) space installation
- Easy installation, saving integrators time in the field
EdgeMax in-ceiling premium loudspeakers will be previewed during the 2017 InfoComm show and are scheduled for fourth-quarter 2017 availability. To learn more about Bose Professional at InfoComm, please visit http://pro.bose.com/infocomm2017.