Practical Recording Techniques, 6th Edition
The Step- by- Step Approach to Professional Audio Recording
By Bruce Bartlett and Jenny Bartlett
Save 30% when ordering direct from Focalpress.com. Use discount code FOCAL at checkout!
Waltham, MA, August 13, 2012. Focal Press has just published a new edition of the best-selling book Practical Recording Techniques. This hands-on, practical guide covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, this book gives advice on equipping a studio (both low-budget and advanced), suggestions for set-up, acoustics, choosing monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This step-by-step guide also instructs how to judge recordings and improve them to produce maximum results.
New in the sixth edition:
- Complete update of digital media material, including updated equipment and microphone descriptions
- Digital performers and computer DAWs
- Additional material regarding ProTools ability to let owners choose other interfaces with their software
- More information on how the hook-ups in a studio work, with more advice on setting up a home project studio, and expansion of location recording material
- Further information on things like Auto-tune and multiband limiting, a useful plug-in round up
- Further information on workflow, addressing issues like file formats, uploading & downloading of songs and materials, and use of a computer as a recording device
- Expansion on Internet issues
- Updated home studio setup information, including the workflow with Windows 7 and Mac OSX
- Expansion of technicalities of MIDI, including data structure and controller codes
About the Authors:
Bruce Bartlett is a microphone engineer, audio journalist, and recording engineer. He has written over 600 articles on audio topics for such magazines as Modern Recording, db, Recording, EQ, Mix, Recording Engineer/Producer, Radio World, Pro Audio Review, Audio, and the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society. He has also written a number of books including Stereo Microphone Techniques (Focal Press). A member of the Audio Engineering Society and Syn Aud Con, he holds a degree in physics and several patents on microphone design. He is also a musician and runs a 16-track digital studio specializing in live recording.
Jenny Bartlett is a freelance technical writer who specializes in audio and computer software.
Focal Press has been a leading publisher of Media Technology books for over 70 years. We provide essential resources for professionals and students in many areas including: audio, film and digital video production, photography & digital imaging, animation, broadcast, theatre and web design.
We are committed to publishing high quality books filled with practical hands-on information, dealing with cutting-edge and converging technologies from the experts in the field.
Focal Press – learn, create, master.