FRANKFURT, Germany -- L-ACOUSTICS introduced a new LA-AES3 AES/EBU input card at Prolight + Sound 2010 in Frankfurt.
First in the family of optional extensions for LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers, LA-AES3 offers one AES/EBU stereo input and one AES/EBU thru port (link) to connect an LA4 or LA8 to any digital mixing desk or audio distribution network while maintaining a fully digital signal path.
Main features include:
- One AES/EBU input compliant with AES3, AES11 and IEC 60958 (S/PDIF) specifications, ESD protected
- Seamless AES/EBU to analog input automatic fallback option with constant delay
- High-quality hardware sample rate converter accepting program sampled from 44.1 kHz up to 192 kHz
- Adjustable gain: -12.0 dB to +12.0 dB by 0.1 dB steps
- One AES/EBU thru electronically buffered with failsafe relay, ESD protected
- Maximum cable length: up to 300 meters (nearly 1000 feet), with certified cables dedicated to AES/EBU transport
- One USB port (reserved for future applications)
The card is scheduled to begin shipping in June 2010.
L-ACOUSTICS is a leading innovator and manufacturer of high-performance loudspeakers, amplifiers and signal processing devices for touring and installed sound markets. Known around the globe for pioneering and championing the modern line array loudspeaker concept with V-DOSC, the company has received numerous accolades for its K1, KUDO, KIVA, ARCS, XT coaxial loudspeaker systems and SB line of subwoofer enclosures, all powered and processed with the LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers in fulfillment of a "total system approach." L-ACOUSTICS products for the North American market are manufactured and distributed by L-ACOUSTICS US of Oxnard, California.
# # #