Five top mixers from across the industry share their insights into the craft and business of mixing music
LOS ANGELES - July 2010 -- A-Designs Audio announces that Musicians Institute on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles will be hosting a free event known as "Ask The Mixers" starting at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 25. Sponsored by A-Designs, Pearlman Microphones, Pete's Place Audio and Ronan's Recording Show, the evening will bring together a panel of five professional engineers from the L.A. area who will share their insights into the craft and business of mixing music. A question and answer session with the audience will follow the program.
The event will feature the following panelists (each listed with partial credits):
- Dylan Dresdow (Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am, Michael Jackson, TLC, Ice Cube, Madonna, Ricky Martin, Usher, Christian Aguilera, Rihanna)
- Ronan Chris Murphy (King Crimson, Terry Bozzio, Ulver, Steve Morse, Jamie Walters, Tay Zonday, Tony Levin, Steve Stevens, Nels Cline)
- John Rodd (Scoring recordist or mixer for hundreds of films, plus video games like Assassins Creed II, Avatar, SOCOM 3, World of Warcraft)
- Tony Shepperd (Whitney Houston, Elton John, Kenny Loggins, Back Street Boys, Madonna, Lionel Richie, Take 6, Barbra Streisand)
- Erik Zobler (Michael Jackson, Miles Davis, George Duke, Donna Summer, Dianne Reeves, Al Jarreau, Yellowjackets, Jeffrey Osborne)
"This is a fantastic opportunity to learn some personal tips and tricks of the trade from celebrated professionals that 'eat and breathe' tracking or mixing every day," says Peter Montessi, president of A-Designs Audio. "So regardless whether you're brand new to the world of recording or a seasoned engineer still wondering how to make your projects sound better, here's a chance to be mentored by folks that have won Grammys and other awards for their stellar work."
Recording equipment from the sponsors will be on hand for demonstration before and after the program, and an exciting product giveaway will take place at the tail end of the evening (winner must be present to receive prize).
Musicians Institute is located at 6752 Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles. For more information on the event, please contact A-Designs Audio at 818-716-4153 or visit www.adesignsaudio.com.
A-Designs Audio is a boutique manufacturer of high-quality professional audio products, including the MP-A Series (all-tube microphone preamplifiers), Pacifica, REDDI (all-tube direct box), ATTY and ATTY2'D (passive line attenuators), EM Series (500 Series-compatible microphone preamplifier and EQ modules), HM2EQ HAMMER (dual mono, three-band tube equalizer) and HM2 NAIL (hybrid compressor).
# # #