Peavey proudly announces the new EUâ„¢ Series class D powered loudspeaker enclosures, including the EU 112D and EU 115D two-way loudspeakers and EU 118D subwoofer.
The EU 112D and EU 115D powered enclosures showcase the new 12" Peavey Black WidowÂ® BWX-DVC Neo loudspeaker, engineered with dual voice coil, push-pull technology and a neodymium magnet. A Woofer Servo circuit monitors back-EMF and controls cone motion, ensuring the cone's movement mirrors the driving signal from the power amp and resulting in very low distortion, high power handling and rock-solid low-frequency attack.
The EU 112D and EU 115D feature Peavey's 2" RXâ„¢22 titanium compression driver and patented Quadratic Throat Waveguideâ„¢ horn in an asymmetrical design providing 100Â° H x 50Â° V (+15, -35) coverage. The driver is positioned in line with the horn geometry to ensure clear sound reproduction. Utilizing Peavey's revolutionary IPRâ„¢ power amplifier technology, the EU 112D and EU 115D produce 1,200 total watts of efficient power with a lightweight switch-mode power supply and a high-speed class D topology that yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available.
The EU input section features two input channels and a line output, with a mix of I/O options such as combination XLR-Â¼" jacks, RCA and install-ready Phoenix connections. Input channels 1 and 2 also have mic/line source switches and gain controls. The Auto-Off function automatically shuts off the power when it no longer detects a signal, while the Line Out allows the user to chain multiple units or send the input signal to another source.
The DynaQ section offers advanced tone controls such as Bass Enhancer, which is an overall loudness boost; a Music/Speech switch that provides optimized EQ settings for each audio type; and Contour, specially configured for program music. A module bay allows for future expansion including Wireless I/O, Delay/Time Adjustment, Mixer Expander, Ethernet I/O and more.
The EU 118D features a 1,000-watt Peavey IPR power section and a Low RiderÂ® 18 woofer in a highly rugged enclosure. The EU 118D also features a fourth order Linkwitz-Riley crossover that has eight selectable low-frequency crossover points, a crossover in/out switch, low frequency enhancement, and a high-pass output to send the signal out to an EU powered high/mid enclosure.
The EU 112D, EU 115D and EU 118D are constructed of lightweight 13-layer plywood with a durable Hammer Headâ„¢ polyurethane finish. The EU 112D and EU 115D have three built-in flying points and a tilt-back design to facilitate use as a personal monitor, while all three models are equipped with pole mounts.
The Peavey EU 112D, EU 115D and EU 118D will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Q2 2010.
EU 112D and EU 115D:
- 1,000W IPRâ„¢ power amplifier for the low frequencies
- 200W IPR power amplifier for the high frequencies
- 12" Neo Black WidowÂ® Dual Voice Coil Woofer on EU 112D
- 15" Neo Black Widow Dual Voice Coil Woofer on EU 115D
- RXâ„¢22 titanium compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Two-way, bi-amplified active loudspeaker system
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguideâ„¢ technology
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down to the audience
- Expansion port for input and control modules
- Angled side for use as a floor monitor
- Durable Hammer Headâ„¢ polyurethane finish
- Dual position stand mount adapter
- Rigging points on top, bottom, and back for flying the enclosure
- DDTâ„¢ compression/anti-clipping protection
- DynaQâ„¢ audio enhancement circuit provides automatic equal loudness compensation and increased audio clarity
- Servo Feedback controlled woofer
- Two independent input channels, with level control and mic/line gain switch
- U.S. MSRP $1199.99 for EU 112D
- U.S. MSRP $1299.99 for EU 115D
- 1,000W IPRâ„¢ power amplifier
- 18" Peavey Low RiderÂ® subwoofer
- Full power handling down to 34 Hz
- Fourth order Linkwitz-Riley crossover with eight discrete low-frequency crossover points
- Bass enhancement circuit
- Crossover in/out switch
- High-pass thru jack
- Compact and lightweight design
- Speaker pole mount
- Heavy-duty steel handles inset on both sides
- Hammer Headâ„¢ polyurethane black finish
- Full-length, perforated steel grille for speaker protection
- Servo Feedback controlled woofer
- U.S. MSRP $1499.99