FREE event to be held in the Berry Hill neighborhood of Nashville at Vintage King Audio on Saturday, September 26, 2015, from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
LOS ANGELES, CA, September 15, 2015 — Several of the panels and events have been announced for the third annual Gear Expo, coming up on Saturday, September 26 (10:00am-4:00pm), in the Berry Hill neighborhood of Nashville. Organized by Pensado’s Place, the acclaimed weekly educational web series, and Vintage King Audio, a leader in professional audio sales, studio consulting, and comprehensive gear servicing, Gear Expo is one of the hottest gear and music-making expos in America, with resources for anyone involved with professional audio, home recording or simply making music. Attendees will once again be able to demo gear, talk directly with manufacturer reps, watch live interviews, mingle with the celebrity guests, listen to live music, win prizes, enjoy local food trucks and meet Dave Pensado and Herb Trawick of Pensado's Place. RSVP here: http://gearexponashville.com/rsvp_form.html.
Panels are slated to include:
- WARRIOR PRINCESS: Career Paths for the Ladies, with Carma Bandstra (The Blackbird Academy), Roxanne Ricks (Audio-Technica Artist Relations), Sharon Corbitt-House (partner/manager, All Good Factory, and VP/Studio Operations, Grand Victor Sound) and Beverly Keel (Chair, Dept. of Recording Industry at Middle Tennessee State University, and noted journalist)
- MARKETING WITH TODAY’S MEDIA: Building Your Brand and Audience, with Will Thompson (Habitual Social), Eric Allen (Social Media Manager, Vintage King Audio), Nicki D (EMMY®-nominated Country Music Host), and Producer Ray (Producer, The Bobby Bones Show)
- ELECTRONIC JAM: Machines for Studio and Stage, with Jeremy Ellis (Native Instruments Maschine Guru), Oliver Dodd (Moog Master) and Christian Crux Thomas (Ableton Certified Trainer)
- NASHVILLE’S FINEST: Producers & Engineers Behind the Hits, with engineer/mixer/producer Ryan Hewitt (The Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers), engineer/mixer Vance Powell (Jack White, Elle King), producer Jacquire King (Kings of Leon, Tom Waits), producer/engineer Dave Cobb (Shooter Jennings, Oak Ridge Boys, Sturgill Simpson) and engineer/mixer Justin Niebank (Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts)
- SHOT CALLERS: Industry Titans, with entertainment attorney John Mason (counsel for Reba McEntire and others), Tony Brown (legendary producer and former chair of MCA Nashville), and John McBride (Owner of Blackbird Studio and The Blackbird Academy)
- MEET THE MAKER: Breakthrough Product Developers – a series of conversations with manufacturer reps throughout the day, led by Pensado’s Place co-hosts Dave Pensado and Herb Trawick
Additional panelists and events are being added by the day. Aside from the panels, Audio-Technica will offer the “Microphone Guru” booth, and iZotope will be making a special product rollout. Also featured will be thousands of dollars of giveaways throughout the day, from such leading brands as AVID, Ableton, API, Chandler Limited, Audio-Technica, Ultimate Ears, G-Tech, iZotope, Pensado’s Place and more. The event will also be the culmination of a busy week for the Pensado team in Nashville, as in the days leading up to Gear Expo, Dave Pensado will be teaching at The Blackbird Academy.
The list of sponsors has grown since the last Gear Expo, and this year’s event features some of the most prominent names in professional audio, M.I. and audio education. Title sponsors are Vintage King, The Blackbird Academy, Audio-Technica, AfterMaster Audio Labs, The Recording Connection, iZotope, Studio202DC and AVID. Premium sponsors include Ableton, API, BOSS, Chandler Limited, Electric Thunder Studios, Empirical Labs Inc., Focusrite, Genelec, Jackson Ampworks, M1 Distribution, Magnatone, Moog, Neumann, ProMaster HD, Purple Audio, Roland, Rupert Neve Designs, Transaudio Group, Unity Audio and Universal Audio, with more to be announced as the event draws near.
“Our third annual gear expo is our busiest one yet, with the day truly jam-packed with fascinating and enlightening conversations with top professionals,” stated Herb Trawick, Gear Expo Executive Producer and Co-host/Executive Producer/Creator of Pensado’s Place. “We are going to have a blast while providing hands-on educational information and demonstrations that you cannot find anywhere else. See you on September 26.”
The Gear Expo staff includes:
- Dave Pensado — Co-host of Pensado’s Place, GRAMMY®-winning mix engineer, Teacher
- Herb Trawick — Gear Expo Executive Producer and Co-Host/Executive Producer/Creator of Pensado’s Place
- Shevy Shovlin — Gear Expo Producer and Chief Marketing Partner and Sales, Advertising for Headroom for Days
- Chad Evans — Gear Expo Co-Producer and Vintage King Nashville National Sales Rep
- Stephanie "Spitfire" Willis — Gear Expo Co-Producer
For more information, visit: http://gearexponashville.com/.
Pensado Vintage King Gear Expo Nashville 2015
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: 2826 Dogwood Place, Nashville, TN 37204
ABOUT PENSADO’S PLACE
The hour-long weekly web series Pensado’s Place was created over four years ago. Co-hosted by legendary mix engineer Dave Pensado (Beyoncé, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Mariah Carey, Elton John, Michael Jackson and more) and show creator Herb Trawick, Pensado’s Place includes interviews with top music industry artists, engineers, producers, mixers, and record executives, as well as in-depth tutorials in production, engineering and mixing. Pensado’s Place has positioned itself as “the most influential show for audio engineers,” mixers and producers (Forbes Magazine) in just a few years. Pensado’s Place is more than just a show, as it highlights the very best in the industry of music, gaming, sound identity on film, and audio equipment, with a presence in live events. As a leading educational resource, Pensado’s Place is helping build the next generation of audio greats. http://www.pensadosplace.tv/
ABOUT VINTAGE KING AUDIO
Vintage King Audio is a leader in professional audio sales, studio consulting, and comprehensive gear servicing. No matter the scope of a client's needs or goals — from selecting a new microphone to designing a studio from the ground up — Vintage King distinguishes itself with standard-setting customer service, which begins with the company's knowledgeable, industry-experienced staff. For more information, visit: http://www.vintageking.com/about-us
Photo Caption: Pictured L-R: Dave Pensado and Herb Trawick.