Powerful guitar amplifier modeler captures the tone and feel of any real tube amp in a fully customizable plug-in
San Diego, CA - October 2014 -- Positive Grid proudly announces the launch of BIAS Desktop, a groundbreaking guitar amp modeler with Amp Matching™ technology that offers an entirely new concept of putting any tube amplifier tone and feel into a plug-in (AAX/RTAS/AU/VST) for Mac and PC. BIAS Desktop features the most accurate, thorough and versatile guitar-amp modeler and designer engine, and it can accurately capture the tone of any tube amplifier. Users can then share or download amp models from BIAS’s built-in ToneCloud® amp-sharing platform.
“Instead of providing a fixed number of amp models, BIAS Desktop represents an entirely new concept on guitar sound,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. “Guitar players can now virtually design their own amps and use Amp Matching technology to capture their golden tube amplifiers, then they can share or download thousands amp models on ToneCloud. We are also currently working with artists and studios around the globe to expand this platform.”
BIAS Desktop’s Amp Matching™ utilizes a collection of underlying technologies to analyze and compare one’s currently designed BIAS amp model and the sound of any tube amp, the corresponding cabinet and microphone. It then executes the tonal compensation and enhancement needed to make the amp model accurately match the target amplifier. For the first time in history, guitar players are free to design, modify and capture the most unique and individual soul of tone, bringing it into the digital domain and keeping it ready for studio recording applications.
Built-in with BIAS, ToneCloud allows guitar players to share their custom amp models and download thousands of custom BIAS amps created by other users—including signature recording artists. Guitar players can share and download not just customized amp models but, using Amp Matching, every possible amp tone ever created. Positive Grid is currently working with worldwide artists and engineers to create professional custom amp models and studio amp matched models to expand this platform.
BIAS comes in two versions: BIAS Desktop and BIAS Professional. BIAS Desktop ($99.00) includes all amp design modules and access to ToneCloud to download thousands of amp models. BIAS Professional ($199.00) adds Amp Matching technology, exclusive amp matching models on ToneCloud, and three amp design expansion packs (Glassy Pack, Crunch Pack and Insane Pack).
• The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling software available in the world
• 36 HD amp models included with the introductory release
• Amp Matching captures any miked amp or recorded track and creates a matched model
• Share and download thousands of artist- and user-created and matched amp models on ToneCloud
• Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets and mic selection and placement—mix and match!
• Customize the look and feel of your own amp panel; change the name, tolex, panel and knobs
• Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers
• Included noise gate and room simulator
• Create a virtually unlimited number of custom amps
• Quick preset facility recalls each of your eight favorite settings in turn with just one tap
• Mac OS X 10.7 or later
• Supported plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32- and 64-bit)
• Windows® 7 (SP1), Windows® 8
• Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32- and 64-bit)
About Positive Grid:
Positive Grid focuses on delivering superior and highly creative computer and mobile music experiences. Since 2008, the company has designed and developed a core technology base and is currently expanding it to various applications, including Positive Grid’s best-known product range featuring BIAS and JamUp guitar software.
# # #