Florence, 9th April 2015: Powersoft is promising to put on a real show at Prolight + Sound 2015 (Frankfurt, 15-18th April) to celebrate its 20th anniversary. The Italian amplifier manufacturer will welcome visitors onto a new stand (Hall 8, E46), designed around two imposing ‘X’ motifs, an allusion to the X Series workhorse platform as well as two decades of innovation.
To mark the 20-year milestone, Powersoft will be hosting a party on the opening night of the show at APT-Apartment nightclub. The evening will be divided into two sections, starting with the annual distributor meeting and awards presentations, followed by a party to celebrate the people who make the industry featuring Toa Mata Band, the world’s first robotic LEGO band who will be doing a live set with various TouchAble synthesizers, drum machines and acoustic percussions.
On the stand, Powersoft will showcase the breadth of its amplification and technology offering, including the latest Ottocanali DSP+D launched at ISE earlier this year, the flagship M and K Series amplifiers as well as the revolutionary M-Force Technology and the successful X Series . Following a highly attended launch last year at Frankfurt, the X Series has gained popularity in the integration and live event industries, with many references already available throughout Europe, the Middle East, the Americas and Asia.
The Powersoft X Series represents the next step in the evolution of the power amplifier: the first amplifier that in reality is a system tool that integrates a large amount of functionality, generally only found in separate outboard units. This includes an innovative system of channel routing, a truly universal mono, bi- and three-phase balancing power supply and a revolutionary fully-featured DSP.
The new Ottocanali Series DSP+D offers a wide range of system control and monitoring functions as well as sound shaping options, a total of up to 12,000 W output power at 4 ohm over 8 channels for lo-Z or distributed line systems … all neatly packed into a double rack.
At the show, Powersoft will also be promoting a new gripping company video that summarises the raison d’être of the company: “Making Ordinary Extraordinary”. Francesco Fanicchi, Brand and Communication Director at Powersoft, explains: Powersoft was born out of a true passion for audio. Since 1995, the company has grown to become a world leader in power amplification. Green technology, performance, innovation and people are the core values of the company, and we wanted to express and share our philosophy in this short video. This is merely a tribute to the pro-audio industry, and what the industry can bring to the community. Without humans and passion, technology is simply pointless.”
Two decades of passion and innovation
Powersoft has earned its place among the elite of the audio industry by continuously introducing innovation over the last 20 years. Amongst the numerous technological breakthroughs, the following has particularly helped to shape the professional amplifier market as it is today:
1997 – Digam 7000
The Digam 7000 was the first amplifier with increased power density and unprecedented performance, the single rack unit saving space and reducing weight. The amplifier came with a number of firsts for the industry:
- Switch Mode: When Class D amplification was still a challenge, innovation became a must. Higher efficiency, lower current draw, compact circuits and much smaller heat sinks compared with old fashioned linear amps.
- Fixed Frequency: Extremely stabile and reliable, Powersoft fixed frequency switching mode technology guaranteed low noise leakage, low crosstalk and a deterministic behaviour suiting any and all powering levels.
- PFC: Powersoft was the first company to introduce Power Factor Correction in power amplifiers: PFC made it easier to optimise power distribution, reduce cable gauge and minimise distortion on the power line.
1997 – PowerMod
The first complete compact amplifier module, providing the highest power density at the time: the output stage and power supply were condensed into a compact and lightweight power amplifier for self-powered loudspeakers.
2002 – DigiMod 1000
A Class D amplifier module with specifically designed DSP boards boasting advanced processing, remote control and networking capabilities, the DigiMod 1000 provided granular control of sonic parameters and performance. The introduction of signal processing on-board of active loudspeakers marked a huge step forward in system flexibility and customisation.
2000 – Q Series
4 channels in 1RU. Powersoft R&D continuously optimised the design and performance of power amplifiers by providing a Series with even higher power density and more compact and versatile solutions.
2004 – K Series
- DSP on board. Sound shaping and live performance optimisation at a level unachievable with external signal processors: the implementation of DSP on-board of power amplifiers heralds a new and innovative era of system controllability.
- AESOP Networking: A de facto standard in signal routing through traditional Cat5 UTP cables that makes highly scalable audio distribution and remote system management effortless.
- Step-up card: Increase the output power without the need to change amplifier, allowing systems to grow as required.
2007 – DigiMod 3000
PFC in Modules: At higher power levels, control over the AC mains supply and input power management became essential. PFC integrated into the amp module ensured power grid stability, less dissipation and improved system performance.
2007 – IpalMod
DPC: Differential Pressure Control offered loudspeaker manufacturers an effective tool to arbitrarily modify the Thiele-Small parameters of the driver, adapting the transducer’s physical characteristics to the acoustic design.
Zero Latency DSP: Real-time signal processing allowed for the transducer behaviour to be modified adaptively and ensured consistent system performance over time.
2012 – DSP-4
Networkable amp module: Granular remote control of any single sound source; highly scalable and versatile performance management and sound shaping from single point source to high power complex sound systems.
2013 – DEVA
The all-in-one multimedia unit with integrated solar panel. A Wi-Fi manageable multifunctional system that implements the latest generation technology for distributing audio signal across large areas and perform audio/video surveillance in any operating conditions.
2013 – M-Force Technology
A new paradigm shift in low frequency application. A moving magnet linear motor structure capable of truly unrivaled performance in terms of power handling, electromagnetic conversion, reliability and maximum SPL.
2014 – X Series
- High channel count, high power density, massive processing power. A culmination of twenty years of innovation, the X Series is a technological power house with the most complete feature set of any amplifier on the market. The high channel count, extraordinary processing capabilities and high power output make the X Series suitable for any audio application.
- Revolutionary Three Phase supply with PFC
- Truly Worldwide power supply, suitable for single, bi and three-phase operation from 85V to 440V, DC – 400Hz providing maximum versatility and reliability in any power distribution design.
- Built-in matrix and signal routing
- Non-Boolean channel assignment from any input to any output and any level offers limitless configurations: a versatile and cost-effective solution for any and all applications.
2015 – Ottocanali DSP+D Series
- SRM. Enhanced efficiency by means of the Smart Rails Management system of dynamic rails modulation: lower idle consumption, lower audible noise floor, reduced EMC issues.
- Dual redundant Power Supply + DSP + Dante
- Maximum reliability and efficiency: Powersoft Ottocanali implements a redundant power supply that uses green technologies. DSP, Dante, a very high channel count and a full non-Boolean matrix make the Ottocanali the amplifier of choice for multi-zone installations.
Powersoft is the world leader in lightweight, high power, single rack space, energy efficient amplifiers for the professional audio market. Founded in Italy in 1995, headquartered in Florence, Italy, with offices in Ventura, CA, Powersoft couples the experience and precision of its production department with exceptional components to deliver products with perfect audio response and high performance reliability. Its state-of-the-art amplifiers can be found in an array of markets, ranging from stadiums, sporting arenas, theme parks, performance venues and airports to convention centres, churches and clubs, and are used by the world’s leading tour sound companies. For more information, visit the Powersoft website @ www.powersoft-audio.com.