Stratosphere Sound Recording Studios in NYC had a busy Summer - here's a few highlights!
*Producer Flood spent several weeks with The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, tracking their new album. James Brown engineered.
*Steely Dan's Don Fagen recorded overdubs in Studio A with producer/engineer Elliot Scheiner.
* Declan Bennett, star of Green Day musical American Idiot tracked a few solo songs in Studio A with engineer Geoff Sanoff.
*Victor Van Vugt produced and engineered the debut album from a new collaboration between Aussie songstresses Sarah Blasko, Sally Seltmann and Holly Throsby.
* Stefan Lessard (of The Dave Matthews Band) worked on overdubs with engineer Rob Evans in Studio B.
*MIA worked with Rudyard Lee Cullers on mixes in Studio B.
* Adam Gontier, frontman for Three Days Grace tracked songs with Rudyard Lee Cullers in Studio A.
* David Johansen recorded vocals in Studio B with Rudyard Lee Cullers. Johansen was tracking material for a collaboration by Personal Waste Management (a collaboration between Swiss performance artist/producer/songwriter Michael Raven and Austrian composer/arranger, Andi Slavek. The punk/glam concept album also
features guest appearances by the likes of Mick Taylor (Rolling Stones) and Fee Waybill (The Tubes).
* New Jersey's Steel Train tracked material with Adam Tilzer engineering.
* Tony Award-Winning star of Broadway's Million Dollar Quartet, Levi Kreis, tracked vocals in Studio A with Geoff Sanoff.
For more photos and additional updates, please go to Facebook.com/StratosphereSoundNYC
Asst Engineer Adam Tilzer, Donald Fagen, Elliot Scheiner and bassist Michael Leonhart.
David Johansen with Michael Raven (L) and Andi Slavik (R)