Knoxville, TN — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and plugins, is expanding its custom-shop Magma series with the release of the Waves Magma Tube Channel Strip plugin, the third plugin in the series.
The Magma Channel is modeled on the detailed circuit behavior of carefully selected vintage valve tube hardware, using the same Waves True Valve Modeling technology that was utilized to create the massively successful Waves BB Tubes plugin.
With the Waves Magma Tube Channel Strip, you can sculpt your tracks with the authentic, rich, textured analog tube Magma sound—now available in a full channel strip covering your most crucial mixing needs: compression/gating, EQ and saturation. This plugin is built for speed with just a few no-nonsense knobs for drive/saturation; EQ lows, mids and highs; compression; and expansion/gating – each knob carefully designed to hit a sweet spot no matter where to turn it.
The Magma Tube Channel Strip is perfect for any vocal, instrument, or bus. As GRAMMY®-winning mix engineer Jacquire King says, “Whatever you run through it, it just sounds better!”
Add depth and dimension to flat digital tracks, with maximum warmth and clarity. Give silky top end and super-fat bottom to any vocal or instrument. Glue your overall mix together with Magma’s combination of warm drive and compression. Magma Channel is also a great vibe plugin for smashing drums, shaping guitars and synths, getting a classic bass tone, or sculpting lo-fi loops.
The Magma Channel plugin includes three channel strip modules:
- Input drive/saturation: Going from subtle saturation to full-on harmonic distortion, with a warm, in-your-face, soft clipping sound that jumps out of the speakers.
- 3-Band musical EQ: Magma’s streamlined EQ section allows quick tone shaping – don’t worry about numbers, just trust your ears. The EQ section includes High and Low shelves, plus a Mid wide bell knob with sweepable frequency control.
- Dynamics: The single-knob compressor goes from gentle glue to full aggressive pump. Turn SMASH on for extra explosiveness, with a higher compression ratio and quick attack and release. The expander/gate will help you get a tighter sound with greater focus and clarity.
Magma Channel comes with hundreds of artist presets created by dozens of top producers, mixing and mastering engineers, including Jacquire King, Greg Wells, Joe Chiccarelli, Lu Diaz, Neal H Pogue, Richard Chycki, Ken “Pooch” Van Druten, Matt Schaeffer, Jeff Ellis and dozens more.
With the Waves Magma Tubes Channel Strip, you can stay focused on your creative vision and nail your sound quickly, with beautiful analog texture and tone on any track. The Magma Tube Channel Strip plugin is included in these Waves bundles: Mercury, Pro Show and SD7 Pro Show.
To learn more, visit https://waves.com/plugins/magma-tube-channel-strip.
- “NEW Plugin – Magma Tube Channel Strip: Sculpt Your Tracks with the MAGMA sound”: https://youtu.be/KOmtprUa6JU
- “Hear it in Action – Magma Tube Channel Strip”: https://youtu.be/P9VPqbEsCpI
- “Mix Tutorial – Get Rich Analog Tone w/ Magma Channel Strip”: https://youtu.be/CPUOEecWUk0