British loudspeaker manufacturer PMC will be hosting a range of seminars at the AES Convention in Los Angeles under its popular Masters of Audio banner.
These ground-breaking events give Convention visitors the opportunity to hear presentations from some of the pro audio industry’s most prominent engineers and producers, many of whom have won multiple Grammy Awards for their work.
Those taking part this year include:
- Producer Greg Wells, who has worked with Adele, Pharrell Williams and Elton John
- Classical producer Daniel Shores
- Producer David Miles Huber, who also wrote the book Modern Recording Techniques
- Producer Al Schmitt, who has worked with Frank Sinatra, George Benson and Quincy Jones
- 10 x Grammy Award-winning producer Jim Anderson
- Tonmeister and Bayerischer Rundfunk senior engineer, Ulrike Schwartz-Anderson
- Producer Steve Genewick, who has worked with Diana Krall, Neil Young, George Benson and Paul McCartney
- Apple Music/Beats 1 Studios Worldwide Chief Studio Engineer, Kevin Keith
- Producer Dave Rideau, whose credits include Janet Jackson, Sting and Earth Wind and Fire
- Producer and owner of the newly opened Sphere Studios in Los Angeles, Francesco Cameli
- Engineer Jeff Ellis who recently completed work on Frank Ocean’s long-awaited second album, Blonde.
PMC’s Masters of Audio programme will take place in demo room 515B, which is equipped with the company’s flagship QB1-XBD-A and IB2-XBD-A monitor systems. Both systems will be put through their paces between seminar sessions so that AES visitors can discover for themselves why PMC monitors are so highly regarded by the audio elite.
On the show floor, PMC will focus attention on its compact twotwo range of active nearfield monitors (Booth 113). Ideally suited to nearfield monitoring in situations where space is at a premium, the twotwo range offers professional users high levels of clarity, transparency and accuracy. The range comprises three models – the twotwo.5, twotwo.6, twotwo.8 and matching active subs, all of which combine PMC's world-class design pedigree with sophisticated digital processing and active amplification.
PMC twotwo loudspeakers can also be seen on a number of other AES booths, with manufacturers such as API, Benchmark and Antelope deploying PMC monitors to support their own equipment demonstrations.
Finally, for the 13th year running, PMC is supplying the AES with a full BB5-XBD-A 5.1 system for its high resolution play back session and seminars. It is also hosting the AES Student Critique sessions in its 515B demo room.
PMC is a UK-based, world-leading manufacturer of loudspeaker systems, the tools of choice in all ultra-critical professional monitoring applications, and also for the discerning audiophile at home, where they provide a transparent window into the recording artist's original intentions. PMC products use the best available materials and design principles, including the company's proprietary Advanced Transmission Line (ATL™) bass-loading technology, cutting-edge amplification and advanced DSP techniques to create loudspeakers that present sound and music exactly as it was when first created, with the highest possible resolution, and without coloration or distortion. For more information on our clients and products, see www.pmc-speakers.com.