Ipswich, UK (January 28, 2021) —Celestion, the celebrated manufacturer of guitar and bass loudspeakers, and professional audio drivers for sound reinforcement applications, is very pleased to announce the release of Version 1.1.0 Software Update for its SpeakerMix Pro, the professional studio-grade DAW plug-in dedicated to bringing ground-breaking levels of detail and realism to guitar and bass speaker tone.
SpeakerMix Pro is the company’s advanced virtual speaker solution designed for use with both with Impulse Responses as well as Celestion’s Dynamic Speaker Responses (DSRs), the next generation of digital speaker responses that capture the sound and feel of the speaker’s dynamic, non-linear response for even more tonal detail. The SpeakerMix Pro Solution enables users to capture and mix both IRs and DSRs for ultra-realistic guitar speaker tones in a DAW.
The new V 1.1.0 Software Update includes a number of key feature upgrades and fixes, as well as new functionality, including:
- Users can enjoy up to 7 days offline use before a login is required. If you have an internet connection during the 7 day cycle, everything happens in the background and you won’t need to enter your credentials again. No more logging in every 48 hours.
- Various fixes have been applied including those related to SpeakerMix Pro’s operation within some DAW packages, including fixes for crashes, window re-sizing issues and correction of visual glitches.
- New “Logout” and “Refresh” buttons. The “Logout” button clears the locally stored encrypted user credentials, so users can feel safe leaving a session computer after using an account. “Logout” will also clear the seat off our licensing server, allowing you to login to a new machine instantly. The “Refresh” button will refresh all of your DSR licenses. This is used when new DSRs are installed to instantly activate them locally and get struck into mixing tone as quickly as possible.
- The user IR-loading in now automatically tunes a dynamic model from your own favourite IRs. This uses our DSR algorithm to build a dynamic response from your existing IR to render feel and realism from your favourite impulse responses. Essentially turning your existing IRs into DSR-type responses.
- Mixer channel Copy and Paste functionality enabling the setting from one mixer channel to be copied to and from any other mixer channel.
The new SpeakerMix Pro plug-in is much more than just a top-level IR loader and convolution engine for hosting impulse responses; it offers pristine sound, mixes up to six channels of different IRs into a stereo or mono track and even fixes IR sample rate/project mismatches. Additionally, as the host program for the new Dynamic Speaker Responses, SpeakerMix Pro presents a genuine next-generation virtual speaker solution.
“SpeakerMix Pro has been designed to offer users the next step in digital speaker solutions, and we are pleased to offer these fixes and enhancements in the new update, V1.1.0,” says Ken Weller, Celestion Marketing Product Manager. “At Celestion, we make it a priority to listen and respond to the needs of our users and customers, and continue to enhance our products in order to assist them achieving excellence in their creative work.”
SpeakerMix Pro is available for VST, AU and AAX compatible DAWs, to enable users to achieve the ultimate guitar tone in recording.
Click this link to buy the SpeakerMix Pro plug-in, and to get each user started with the featured Dynamic Speaker Responses, the first ten DSRs are free with the plug-in purchase. For more details, visit Celestionplus.com
About Celestion Digital
The introduction of authentic Celestion Impulse Responses represented the company’s forward step in making their celebrated speaker tones available as digital downloads. Celestion IRs capture the essential behavior of a speaker in a particular cabinet in the specific space in which it was recorded, including the frequency and phase response of single drivers as well as the interaction of multiple speakers. They offer significant benefits in both recording and live production, enabling the desired tone to be precisely and consistently reproduced regardless of the recording or live sound environment. Explore, audition and download the extensive collection of Celestion guitar and bass Impulse Responses at celestionplus.com.
The introduction of Celestion SpeakerMix Pro sees the company delivering a truly forward-thinking studio software solution that enables users to get every ounce of tone from Impulse Response technology. The companion Dynamic Speaker Responses launched alongside the plug-in exemplify the next generation in speaker response emulation, representing a true advancement in the technology of digital speaker tone.
About Celestion and Celestion Guitar Speakers
An important element to essential British guitar tone since the birth of Rock & Roll, Celestion Guitar Speakers are famous for their lively and vocal midrange character with plenty of sparkle and chime. With worldwide headquarters in Ipswich, England, Celestion design, develop and manufacture premium guitar and bass loudspeakers, and high-quality professional audio drivers for sound reinforcement. These world-renowned speakers are used onstage and in clubs, theatres and other venues the world over. Contact Celestion at: [email protected] and visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/celestion.