ROME: "The Workshops and Tutorials developed for the 134th AES Convention were designed to provide attendees with a particularly diverse educational curriculum. In many cases these events serve as integral components of major Track Presentations. Although their subject matter is diverse, their unifying core is a shared level of authoritative excellence," observes 134th AES Convention Chairman Umberto Zanghieri. The 134th AES Convention will be held, May 4 -7, 2013 at Rome's Fontana di Trevi Conference Centre. The international gathering of audio professionals will provide attendees with an unparallel opportunity to exchange ideas and information and to network with their peers, in one of the world's most storied cities.
A Partial List of 134th AES Convention Workshops Includes:
• Applications of 3-D Audio in Automotive
• Multichannel Immersive Audio Formats for 3-D Cinema and Home Theater
• Design and Build of First Atmos-Equipped Dubbing Theater
• Capturing the Acoustics of Concert Halls with a Loudspeaker Orchestra
• Current Reference Listening Room Standards: Are They Meaningful?
• Sound Mixers Discuss Their Craft
Tutorial Presentations Include:
• Creative Distortion? You Are in the Over-Driver's Seat
• Acoustic Enhancement Systems-Basics
• Microphones: The Physics, Metaphysics, and Philosophy
• Rub & Buzz and Other Irregular Loudspeaker Distortion
• 3-D Audio, Produce the New Dimension?
• Turntable Technique: The Art of the DJ
For full Convention details visit the Preliminary Events Calendar at: http://www.aes.org/events/134/calendar/calendar.cfm
Photo: Fontana di Trevi Conference Centre, Rome
The Audio Engineering Society was formed in 1948 by a group of concerned audio engineers. The AES counts over 14,000 members throughout the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Japan and the Far East. The organization serves as the pivotal force in the exchange and dissemination of technical information for the industry. For additional information visit http://www.aes.org