Director James Cameron’s blockbuster film, Avatar: The Way of Water, returns to the spectacular world of Pandora, bringing audiences along on a rollercoaster adventure. While the film has drawn praise for its eye-popping visuals, much of the immersion that viewers experience was thanks to the exacting work of an all-star audio team.
Discover how that multi-year audio effort was tackled and brought to completion as journalist Perri Nemiroff sits down with
- Christopher Boyes, Sound Designer, Supervising Sound Editor, and Re-Recording Mixer
- Gwen Yates Whittle, Supervising Sound Editor
- Dick Bernstein, Supervising Sound Editor
- Garry Summers, Re-Recording Mixer
- Michael Hedges, Re-Recording Mixer
- Julian Howarth, Production Sound Mixer
Settle in for an insightful and often inspiring discussion that explores how the Avatar audio team handled working with invented languages; recording marine mammal sounds; meeting James Cameron’s ultra-specific requirements; dealing with the sheer magnitude of the project; and much more. It’s a revealing conversation that’s as epic as the film itself!