Berlin, January 27, 2022— Orchestral Tools announces Igudesman Solo Violin—a highly original and unconventional solo violin collection for the contemporary composer. The combination of the leading sample library creators with the mischievous innovation of composer and violinist Aleksey Igudesman has forged an out of the ordinary addition to Orchestral Tool’s extensive portfolio to lend inspiration for experimental and avant-garde musical compositions. Igudesman Solo Violin is available now for an introductory price of €129 (regularly priced at €199) through February 9th from the Orchestral Tools website. For more information, please click here.
Experimental by design
Unlike ordinary solo violin libraries, this collection comes from the unconventional mind of Aleksey Igudesman. Equal parts violinist, composer, and provocateur, Aleksey is known for virtuoso playing and unbridled creativity, as well as for his frequent collaborations with Hans Zimmer. This collection grants access to his unique, highly creative articulations and contemporary musical voice. The sounds on offer range from expressive gitano and klezmer leads to atonal scratches and ‘seagulls’. Easy-to-use tempo-synced patches enable composers to quickly add rhythmic patterns while multiple mic positions—from close to surround—make it easy to dial in the right sound for each project.
Orchestral Tools Founder and CEO Hendrik Schwarzer expressed, “We built Igudesman Solo Violin to spark creative ideas. It’s ideal for outside-the-box composers looking to draw from an unconventional palette of tones and textures for sound design, experimental scores, and contemporary compositions.”
Recorded on the legendary Teldex Scoring Stage in Berlin, Igudesman Solo Violin’s unique articulations and distinctive playing techniques produce eccentric and unexpected sounds from a traditional instrument—in this case, a rare and exquisite early 18th century violin from Italian luthier Santo Serafin. The wide range of styles in the collection are grouped as follows:
- Neo-electric: Fiery, distorted-sounding tones that replicate harmonic feedback were produced by applying strong bow pressure close to the bridge. With a range of long and short articulations plus decorative licks, these expressive articulations conjure the raucous sound of a fuzz-soaked electric guitar or saturated synth lead.
- Standard articulations: These standard articulations would be considered exotic in any regular solo violin library. Though mostly created with traditional playing techniques, this group includes enthusiastic vibratos, pitch-shifting pizzicatos, reversed-sounding Klezmer tones, and pulsating drill-like sounds produced with an electric milk frother.
- Rhythms: Sampled patterns—recorded with a variety of tempos, octaves, and dynamics—provide a fast way to add motion to a composition. Select patches that place accents on octaves and choose from three distinct atonal playing techniques.
- Percussive non-pitched: Build tension or create unique percussive parts with atonal effects including scratches, chops, and glissandi—all recorded at several tempos. Emphasize dramatic on-screen moments or evoke the natural sounds of ducks or seagulls.
Aleksey Igudesman is a renegade virtuoso who constantly pushes boundaries and upends the conventions of classical music. Whether playing violin, composing, or conducting, Aleksey always offers a unique blend of talent, creativity, and charisma. As a violinist and composer, he has frequently collaborated with renowned film composer Hans Zimmer, including on the Academy Award–nominated Sherlock Holmes soundtrack. Aleksey has toured with Zimmer as well as with an array of other talented musicians, often alongside legends in classical music and pop. This collection grants creators the ability to channel Aleksey’s energetic style and his palette of unique articulations.
Pricing and Availability
Igudesman Solo Violin is available now at an intro offer price of €129. The introductory pricing ends on February 9, 2022 at which point the regular price will be €199.
Prices quoted here are excluding VAT—VAT may be added on purchases from within the EU.
System requirements for Igudesman Solo Violin
- Mac OS 10.13, i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or similar
- (Windows 7 is not officially supported)
- Interfaces: VST, AU
- 10.4 GB of samples (4.3 GB SINEarc compressed)
- 24 bit / 48 KHz patches
System requirements for SINEplayer
To download SINEPlayer, please visit: https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/get-sine
- Mac OS 10.13, i5, 4 GB RAM (16+ GB recommended)
- Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or similar
- Interfaces: VST, AU, AAX
For more information and to download SINEplayer, please visit: https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/home