MELVILLE, NY, June 15, 2010 â€” Korg USA is engaging in a comprehensive marketing campaign to support dealers in the introduction of the new Wavedrum digital percussion instrument. Employing the latest technologies and a real, playable drum head, the new Wavedrum is the up-to-date successor to the circa 1994 original.
The Wavedrum represents not only a new product, but also a new product category with new retail channels and customers, as well as an expanded audience for Korg overall. Using the product image as an icon, Korg USA devised a multi-element campaign that includes:
* A free-standing, in-store display available to authorized retailers
* A custom, oversized pop-up background for use at trade shows and percussion events
* A series of multi-artist ads reflecting Wavedrum's appeal across many musical genres
* Over a dozen YouTube videos â€“ instructional, demonstration, and artist performances
(shared on Korgâ€™s Facebook and MySpace pages, supported with Twitter links)
* Sponsorship of a series of clinics for students with drummer Steve Smith
The POP display provides an interactive presentation of the Wavedrum, where customers can try the product for themselves. It can be set up in minutes and is available to authorized Korg USA dealers.
The print and web s for the Wavedrum feature a diverse group of artists including Steve Smith, Danny Carey, Alex Acuna, Peter Erskine, Dafnis Prieto, Peter Michael Escovedo, Robin DiMaggio and more. Online videos for the Wavedrum, available on the Korg YouTube channel, feature live performances from some of these same artists and others.
Korg's social network pages feature links to these videos and additional Wavedrum information. Reinforcing Korg USAâ€™s activities, Wavedrum gained prominence by winning the prestigious 2010 MIPA award for Best Electronic Drums at the recent International Music MESSE show in Frankfurt, as well as a Best in Show award at this yearâ€™s Winter NAMM Show.